[QE-users] higher total energy in the last stage of vc-relax

mehrdad zamzamian mehrdad.zamzamian at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 19:58:24 CEST 2019

With regard
Dear Kevin
1) Actually, my reference is computational material science 44(2008)
690-694 (although they reported delta(E)= -0.456 eV/atom that i don't know
what it is. because i said that it must be 1.6 eV according to
https://doi.org/10.1080/09506608.2018.1560984). i also used spin-polarized
(0.2 for Fe) but the same result was obtained (not better than 2.2 eV). I
also used constant volume (by using relax calculation not vc_relax), but i
had the same results.
2) thanks for the proposed links, but in that reference they offered two
non-consistent pps (C.pbe-n-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF
and Fe.pbe-spn-kjpaw_psl.0.2.1.UPF) that i cannot use for Fe3C. i used
these pp:
C.pbe-n-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF
Fe.pbe-spn-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF
I am really confused about how can i calculate this rather simple
parameter. i should mention that i calculate the Fe vacancy with:
E(Fe-vacancy)=E(perfect Fe3C)- E(Fe3C with lack of one Fe atom)- E(single
Fe)
3) thanks very much for the reference Rev. Mod. Phys. 86, 253 (2014).

regards

Seyed Mehrdad Zamzamian
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Energy engineering department
E-mail: mehrdad.zamzamian at gmail.com