[QE-users] k-point algorithm is not tested yet turbo davidson

Abhirup Patra abhirupp at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 19 17:40:47 CET 2019

Dear Iurii,

Thanks for the email. Sorry about not explaining it well. Here is what I
meant: With spin-polarization and with gamma only kmesh none of the TDDFT
code works (i.e. turbo_davidson, turbo_eels, turbo_lanczos). So it is
difficult to simulate optical spectra for a "neutral (tot_charge = 0)"
doped/defected structure. By "works", I meant that I could run the regular
scf-calculation and TDDFT codes for any "non-zero (tot_charge = -1 or +1)"
charged structure using "gamma only" kmesh and "non spin-polarization".

Please let me know if it's still confusing.

Best,
Abhirup

Abhirup Patra
Postdoctoral Research Fellow