[QE-users] Initializing triplet state from OCCUPATIONS = input

Brendan Smith bsmith24 at buffalo.edu
Sun Aug 18 02:58:22 CEST 2019

Hello QE experts.

I am trying to initialize a triplet ground state in which 2 unpaired
electrons (either both alpha or both beta) exist. Can someone please take a
look a my input to see if everything looks OK? Attached is my input file.
Please note, that an extra electron has been added to the cell, giving a -1
overall charge.

Apparently, such a triplet state is supposed to be energetically lower than
the singlet ground state, but I find the singlet ground state to be lower
in energy.

Thank you,
Best,
Brendan A. Smith