[QE-users] query on number of k points in nscf

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Mon Apr 8 12:46:14 CEST 2019

Dear Lorenzo,
thanks you for your prompt response. This is actually the case:
     Parallel version (MPI & OpenMP), running on    2400 processor cores
     Number of MPI processes:              2400
     Threads/MPI process:                     1

     MPI processes distributed on   100 nodes
     K-points division:     npool     =       2
     R & G space division:  proc/nbgrp/npool/nimage =    1200
     wavefunctions fft division:  Y-proc x Z-proc =       2    600
     wavefunctions fft division:  task group distribution
                                  #TG    x Z-proc =       2    600

So, it is explained also why the time used to compute 10 k-points coincides with the whole calculation
computational time.

Maybe, for the sake of clarity, it could be really explanatory if in the output in would be explicitly
mentioned that only the output from pool #1 is give.

Thank you again,

    Giovanni

e-mail: giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
            gcantele at gmail.com