[QE-users] Keep the symmetry during a calculation

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Wed Sep 26 14:32:53 CEST 2018

Dear Carina
In the case of a simple lattice such as a cubic box full of water
molecules plus one solvated ion (no symmetry), you can try to do it
yourself: shrink isotropically the coordinates, step by step, and plot
an E/V curve to find a minimum. A parabolic fit is often a quick and
dirty way to have a reasonable (i.e. not so stressed) box.
I suppose that there is no simple way otherwise to do what you need.
HTH
Giuseppe