[QE-users] Phonon - 6.3- problem

Suresh A suresh2007pgp19 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:00:39 CEST 2018

Dear Christoph Wolf,
                             Thanks for your support.
                            Yes,  I compile it myself using gfortran and
openmpi software.
1)  Do I have to use other version? Could you please suggest me which
version exactly for workstation? I am asking this because you have
mentioned "MaX" version could be a problematic one.

2)         I did not add full input and out put file due to space. If you
want them, to find out where the error is, i can send it to you, sir.   And
the memory it requires is ( Taken  from scf output file):

One more thing is we do not have intel compiler in the department
workstation.

3) If you don't mind, I would like to ask this. Our  computer is
workstation. Which one is better one, MPI or OpenMpi?

 Estimated max dynamical RAM per process >      13.46 MB

     Estimated total dynamical RAM >     323.13 MB

     Initial potential from superposition of free atoms

     starting charge   31.99474, renormalised to   32.00000

     negative rho (up, down):  1.148E-05 0.000E+00
     Starting wfcs are   96 randomized atomic wfcs

     total cpu time spent up to now is        9.7 secs...................
                                              Thank you

                 Yours Sincerely,

A.Suresh,
Research Scholar,