[Pw_forum] Computer Specification for running QE

Krishnendu Mukherjee krishnendu.mukherjee789 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:08:06 CET 2017

Dear Experts,

 Can you please let me know whether we always need a supercomputer to run
Quantum Espresso (QE) or a Personal Computer can do the job. If Personal
Computer is sufficient to run QE can you kindly let me know the required
configuration: Required RAM, processor speed, operating system (LINUX or
Windows), serial or parallel computation. If any other important capability
is required.

 The number of atoms required for my calculation is 50-100. And I want to
calculate both electronic and vibrational free energy.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Krishnendu Mukherjee

--