[Pw_forum] cut-off energy doesnt optimized

Francesco Pelizza francesco.pelizza at strath.ac.uk
Fri May 5 13:30:10 CEST 2017

As far as I am concerned you cannot expect better accuracy than 0.001 Ry
and it must be applied to the number of atoms within your box.

So if you have 8 atoms, the convergence will be optimised after hvaing a
variation of less than 0.008 Ry between a scf with N cutoff and its next
increment.

There are tutorials on QE website that explain it

Francesco Pelizza