[Pw_forum] Band structure projected on atomic orbitals

Mohammad Abu Raihan Miah mraihanm at eng.ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 21 04:24:55 CET 2017

Dear KM,

Wannier90 should do the job for you as suggested. If you have time you can
use localized basis set based DFT codes like SIESTA for this kind of figure
more easily.

Thanks.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Nicola Marzari <nicola.marzari at epfl.ch>
wrote:

> Dear KM,
>
> not sure about the status re atomic orbitals - using QE+Wannier90
> you can do this on Wannier functions, using bands_plot_project
> (see http://www.wannier.org/doc/user_guide.pdf sec. 2.9.11).
>
>                         nicola
>

> On 20/01/2017 15:00, K.M. Mohsin wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am wondering is there any program or utility in QE package to
> > calculate and plot band structure projected on atomic orbitals. In VASP
> > they call it "Orbital projected band structure".
> >
> > I have seen this question asked earlier but to the best of my knowledge,
> > previous answers were unfortunately referred to partial DOS calculation
> > with projwfc.x or referred to personal work which is not complete in
> > terms of code and documentation. To clarify, I wish to produce a figure
> > as in the bellow,
> >
> > http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms10892/figures/6
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> >
> > K. M. MOHSIN
> > Ph. D. Candidate (Nanoelectronics area),
> > Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
> > Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. U.S.A.
> > Phone : +1 (832) 868 8371

Mohammad Abu Raihan Miah
PhD Student
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
<http://www.ece.ucsd.edu/>
University of California, San Diego <http://www.ucsd.edu/>