[Pw_forum] GGA+U

FARAH MARSUSI marsusi at aut.ac.ir
Fri Feb 10 18:08:37 CET 2017

Dear Giuseppe,

Many thanks for your quick response. As you have correctly guessed, the system is an organic material (fluorinated graphene). From U=0 to 3.4, M is increasing gradually up to the expected value, M remains constant till U=3.6 eV, then by increasing U, again M is reduced very soon to zero. Is this what one expected always from +U calculations, when goes up further from the optimum U value? From your answer, it is concluded to be a strange behavior due to the organic nature of this material.

Best regards,
F. Marsusi,