[Pw_forum] Error in routine bfgs (1): dE0s is positive which should never happen

Alaska Subedi asubedi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:31:34 CEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once the error is detected, the code stops immediately and prints nothing
> useful. Where do you see that there are no cell parameters? And when: during
> a variable-cell calculation, or also (or only) in a fixed-cell one? If I
> remember correctly, cell parameters are reprinted on putput at each step in
> the former case, never in the latter.

In a vc-relax calculation, the code prints atomic_positions but not
cell_parameters after this error. Generally, vc-relax prints both
cell_parameters and atomic_positions. But this does not happen when
the code stops with this error. It would be nice if it also printed
cell_parameters before exiting.

Thanks,
Alaska