[Pw_forum] Error in routine bfgs (1): dE0s is positive which should never happen

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:03:06 CEST 2016

Once the error is detected, the code stops immediately and prints nothing
useful. Where do you see that there are no cell parameters? And when:
during a variable-cell calculation, or also (or only) in a fixed-cell one?
If I remember correctly, cell parameters are reprinted on putput at each
step in the former case, never in the latter.

Unfortunately the code performing the various MD and structural
optimizations is rather obscure and it is not straightforward to figure out
how to modify it.

Paolo