[Pw_forum] About using plotproj.x

Abdullah N. Albarakati anbarakati at uqu.edu.sa
Sun Sep 4 07:34:24 CEST 2016

Dear QE experts,

plotproj.x needs input files and parameters which I do not know how to provide them.  Below is what it ask for

" This small program is used to select the band eigenvalues whose
!  wavefunctions projected on atomic wavefunctions have projections larger
!  than a given threshold. It requires two input files. The first is a
!  file with the band eigenvalues, written in the output of pw.x.
!  The input file with the bands has the following format:
!  nbnd, nks     ! number of bands, number of k points
!  --- blank line
!  kvector coordinates
!  --- blank line
!  bands eigenvalues
!  ...
!  --- blank line
!  kvector coordinates
!  --- blank line
!  bands eigenvalues
!  ...
!
!  The second file is written by the projwfc.x program with the option
!  lsym=.false.
!
!  The input of this program is:
!  filename     ! name of the file with the band eigenvalues
!  filename1    ! name of the file with the projections
!  fileout      ! name of the output file where the bands are written
!  threshold    ! see below
!  ncri         ! number of criterions for selecting the bands
!  for each criterion
!  first_atomic_wfc, last_atomic_wfc   ! the band is selected if the
!                                        sum of the projections on
!                                        the atomic wavefunctions between
!                                        first_atomic_wfc and
!                                        last_atomic_wfc is larger than
!                                        threshold. The sum is done on
!                                        all criterions.

Can you explain how to prepare input files and what are the other parameters?

my system has 39 atoms (8 pb atoms, 4Nb atoms, 2 Mg atoms, 2 Ti atoms, and 23 O atoms).

the pw.x use 328 electrons, 164 bands, 14 k-points).

First I run scf and then I run nscf calculations. After that I used projwfc.x code and I got "perfex.pdos_atm#1(Pb)_wfc#1(s)" --- "perfex.pdos_atm#39(O)_wfc#2(p)".

Thank you in advance,

Abdullah

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify Email System Administrator (e_admin at uqu.edu.sa ) . Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Umm Al-Qura University. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Information Technology and Technical Support Center of Umm Al-Qura University accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.