[Pw_forum] Phonon Calculation

Jossou, Ericmoore ericmoore.jossou at usask.ca
Fri May 20 16:23:44 CEST 2016

Dear All,
I am running a phonon calculation but after 3-4 matdyn files the calculation stops. I noticed that the Ph.out contains the message below which perhaps is responsible:

Band Structure Calculation
     Davidson diagonalization with overlap
     c_bands:  1 eigenvalues not converged
     c_bands:  1 eigenvalues not converged
     c_bands:  1 eigenvalues not converged
     c_bands:  1 eigenvalues not converged

     ethr =  1.92E-11,  avg # of iterations = 47.2

     total cpu time spent up to now is     2828.2 secs

     End of band structure calculation

     Number of k-points >= 100: set verbosity='high' to print the bands.

     the Fermi energy is    11.3008 ev

I do appreciate any help to resolve this problem.

Warm Regards,

Ericmoore Elijah JOSSOU
PhD Student,
Department of Mechanical Engineering,