[Pw_forum] Electrostatic Potential Map

reza vatan rezavatan64 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:54:19 CET 2016

Dear Lorenzo,

Many thanks for your reply.

I already have the cube file of my structure obtained from pp.x
calculation. I want to visualize that cube file in a 3D picture with a
color scale in such a way that each color represent the intensity of charge
in that specific volume or area (something like the attached picture). I
can plot a plane containing different color inside the cell by using VMD
and xCrySDen to visualize that cube file but I can not plot the 3D charge
density plot (which I think some people call it electrostatic potential
map).

My first question is if I'm able to get those 3D charge density plot using
the cube file obtaining from pp.x calculations.
And if yes, my second question is that: How can I do it.

Many thanks in advances.

Best,
Reza