[Pw_forum] supercell question

James Johns jjohns at umn.edu
Wed Feb 10 15:35:47 CET 2016

Hi Sara,
  It looks like you made a supercell with 5 layers in your input, and a
vacuum of 3*7.56 bohr.  I loaded it up in xcrysden just to check, so I'm
not sure what the trouble is.  If you wanted to increase the number of
layers, you could continue to add copper atoms to your atomic positions at
z=1.5, 2, 2.5 etc as.  You could increase the size of your vacuum by
increasing celldm(3) as well.  As long as you keep your atomic positions in
alat you should be good to go.
Let me know if that helps,
James