[Pw_forum] supercell question

Sarah Alpine sarahalpine1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:17:43 CET 2016

Dear Users,

     I would really appreciate some advice, please. I would like to model
6-7 layers of copper, and 2-3 layers of titanium dioxide. Since it is a
film, I also need to add vacuum to this supercell. I am starting out with
just the copper; I wrote the coordinates of the unit cell, how do I create
6-7 layers for the supercell with vacuum rather than create a crystall out
of the unit cell?
Thanks,
Sarah

&control
    calculation='scf'
    pseudo_dir = '../espresso/pseudo/',
    outdir='./TMP/'
    prefix='copper001'
 /
 &system
    ibrav = 6, celldm(1) =7.56, celldm(3)=5.0, nat= 10, ntyp= 1,
    ecutwfc = 30.0, ecutrho = 240.0
    occupations='smearing', smearing='marzari-vanderbilt', degauss=0.02
 /
 &electrons
    diagonalization='david'
    conv_thr = 1.0e-7