[Pw_forum] Howto DIY a small cluster with Infiniband for QE simulation?
rollyng at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:33:56 CET 2016
Dear QE users,
I used to run QE on individual server and the computation speed is quite
I am planning to build a small cluster with Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs
dedicated to QE and the cluster will be used by a few people within the
The networking hardware that I already have:
(1) Mellanox ConnectX-2 VPI Dual Port HCA Infiniband QDR adapter on each
(2) Mellanox 4036E 36 Port QDR switch,
(3) 4 identical servers with same CPUs, memory and GPUs as computing nodes,
(4) QDR copper cables.
My questions are:
(1) how to configure the infiniband network on OpenSuSE 13.2?
(2) how to compile QE to make use of the infiniband hardware?
(3) how to compile and run GPU (pw-gpu.x) across the cluster?
PhD. Research Fellow,
Dept. of Physics & Materials Science,
City University of Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3442 4000
Fax: +852 3442 0538
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users