[Pw_forum] Version 5.4.0 of Quantum ESPRESSO is available for download

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Mon Apr 25 23:21:34 CEST 2016

Hello Ye,

On Apr 25, 2016, at 9:29 PM, Ye Luo <xw111luoye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for making the new release available so quickly.
> I just noticed that the following line was listed in the change log but I don't have access to the svn.
>   * New configure wasn't working properly for some Macintosh due to a
>     missing line (commit 11976) and on BG (commit 12333)
>
> Could you explain me about what was not correct on BG and what critical has been changed (commit 12333)?
> I built qe 5.3.0 on Mira/Cetus at Argonne without problems by forcing ARCH=ppc64-bgq.
> I also tried to configure 5.4.0 and compared the generated make.sys. I didn't see a significant change.
> Thank you so much.

I tried on a lueGene/Q on Friday after a long time and I dicovered there was an issue how MANUAL_DFLAGS was handled (see : https://github.com/QEF/q-e/commit/7f3f4fb7d12f01d4f9cd90e1291eba62b59fe5d3 ). Everything else was working fine on 5.3.0 and it should continue to work as well on 5.4.0.

The number of BlueGene/Q available worldwide is shrinking and so our ability to test the build and configure system on that particular architecture. We rely on you people like you to give us feedback is something does not work properly :-)

Cheers

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."