[Pw_forum] Version 5.4.0 of Quantum ESPRESSO is available for download

Ye Luo xw111luoye at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:29:20 CEST 2016

Hi Filippo,

Thanks for making the new release available so quickly.
I just noticed that the following line was listed in the change log but I
don't have access to the svn.

  * New configure wasn't working properly for some Macintosh due to a
    missing line (commit 11976) and on BG (commit 12333)

Could you explain me about what was not correct on BG and what
critical has been changed (commit 12333)?

I built qe 5.3.0 on Mira/Cetus at Argonne without problems by forcing
ARCH=ppc64-bgq.
I also tried to configure 5.4.0 and compared the generated make.sys. I
didn't see a significant change.

Thank you so much.

Ye

Ye Luo, Ph.D.