[Pw_forum] ph with vdw-dft

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Sep 2 16:17:44 CEST 2015

Dear Kanak,

vdW-D is an empirical correction added to the energy of a DFT calculation.
If you are looking for the electronic contribution to the static
dielectric constant
(\epsilon_\infty) there is no contribution to it coming from vdW-D.
So you can compute it by just switching off the vdW-D option.

However, if ionic relaxation is to be included (\epsilon_0), phonons are
needed and vdW-D is
currently not implemented.

stefano