[Pw_forum] Silicon HSE Problem

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Thu May 14 13:59:36 CEST 2015

Dear Galvin,

   Just a minor comment: How many k points did you use in this test? I seem
to remember that the electronic structure of silicon (even) in the
eight-atom cell and Gamma-point only was completely wrong, was it even
metallic (with GGA). Please do the tests with a converged set of k points.

   Beyond that, I do not like the idea of using the extra parametre in the
HSE06 functional for "tuning the band gap"; of course this is not an ab
initio calculation anyway, but I would still stick to a "reasonable" value
throughout. Just my opinion...

     Greetings from Montrouge,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
   Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935