[Pw_forum] Projected density of state onto isolated molecularorbital

庞瑞(PANG Rui) pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Fri Jan 16 07:57:35 CET 2015

An approximation I tried with VASP is that you suppose the atomic orbital basis  forming a complete basis so that you can calculate AO PDOS of both molecule and  the surface with the same setting and then using AO as the bridge to calculate  the MO PDOS. I tested it with two systems and it seemed work well if one just  want the general shape. But I cannot garentee its vadility.  And so far as I  konw, PWSCF has no option to output the complex coeficiences so you need to  modify the projwfc.x if you decided to do it this way. Otherwise, you can try  SIESTA or write your own code.

Good luck.

庞瑞(PANG Rui)

南方科技大学/物理系

深圳市南山区西丽学苑大道1088号