[Pw_forum] how to calculate U parameter

TRINITE Virginie virginie.trinite at thalesgroup.com
Fri Jan 9 10:17:50 CET 2015

Dear All

I have a related question, coming from elements with semicore states :
Is it possible to have more that one orbital by atoms corrected by the U?
I was thinking that maybe for 3d and 4d elements, it will be meaningful to correct not only the d part but also the semicore states that are very localized.

Best Regards

Dr Virginie Trinite
Modeling Infra-Red Lasers and Detectors
III-V Lab THALES Research&  Technology, France

Campus Polytechnique
1, avenue Augustin Fresnel 91767 Palaiseau cedex France