[Pw_forum] how to calculate U parameter

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Fri Jan 9 00:06:21 CET 2015

Dear Swati,

one possibility is to compute U from linear response as we proposed some
year ago in PRB 71 35105 (2005). You can also find a tutorial on this on
the webpage:
http://media.quantum-espresso.org/santa_barbara_2009_07/.

As for Se do you really need to use U on it? if so, you have to update the
routines set_hubbard_l.f90 and tabd.f90 in order to tell the code what
orbital shoudl be corrected by U and how many electrons it should put on
them at the beginning of calculation. These routines are contained inside
the flib and PW/src/ directories of the code which you then need to
recompile.

Best regards,

Matteo