[Pw_forum] QE-GPU compilation problems

janardhan H.L. janardhanhl at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 06:10:00 CEST 2014

Dear Spiga,

Thank you for your kind replay.

This GPU (Tesla C1060 / M1060) may be old and computation may be poor compared to todays GPUs but still the combined speed (we have 4 nos) could be more than multi core cpus. Even though the current QE-GPU is not supported on this GPU
 it successfully compiled but while invoking pw-gpu.x following errors is  obtained

"  ***WARNING: unbalanced configuration (1 MPI per node, 5 GPUs per node)
Error in (first zero) memory allocation , program will be terminated!!! Bye... "

can you please guide me to properly allocate memory between GPU and CPU or per node (2 nodes, 8 -cores/node)

with thanks and respectful regards

Janardhan H L
Poornaprajna Institute of Scientific Research
Bangalore, India