[Pw_forum] Hybridization

Juan Jose Melendez Martinez melendez at unex.es
Wed Sep 17 21:19:23 CEST 2014

Dear Tommaso

I am not sure to understand what you ask. If you have a look to the output file projwfc.x, you find first a numbered list of the atomic states used for projection; these are read from the pseudopotential files, so you will not find any contribution from a level not considered when the PP is build.

Then you have, for each K-point within the Brillouin zone, the different electronic energies followed by their corresponding wave-functions, which appear as linear combination of the previously listed states. I guess that this is the kind of hybridization you are asking for, isn't it? This information is used by the code to calculate the PDOS which you may plot and see where is there any overlapping, etc. You may also handle the data if you wish to do additional calculations (for instance, I used them to evaluate the Green function).

Hope this helps. If it does, you owe a coffee to me if I ever visit Venice...

Good luck

Juan J. Meléndez
Associate Professor
Department of Physics, University of Extremadura (UEx)
Institute for Advanced Scientific Computing of Extremadura (IASCEx)
Avda. de Elvas, s/n 06006 Badajoz (Spain)
Phone: +34 924 289 655
Email: melendez at unex.es
Web: http://materiales.unex.es/miembros/personal/jj-melendez/Index.html