[Pw_forum] Ferroelectrics

Serge Nakhmanson smn at ims.uconn.edu
Tue Sep 16 18:34:21 CEST 2014

Roze,

BiFeO3 is a particularly horrible example for a ferroelectrics neophyte.

You should look into better behaved (at least within DFT) materials, such as
PbTiO3 or BaTiO3, first, before you
can approach BiFeO3 with confidence.

Second, you should elaborate on the "ferroelectric properties" that you have in
mind. I can think of ten different
things related to ferroelectricity: some of these could be probed with DFT and
others could not.

Finally, you should not forget to include your full affiliation when you are
addressing this forum.

Sincerely,

Serge

--
Serge M. Nakhmanson
Dep-t of Materials Science & Engineering, and Institute of Materials Science