[Pw_forum] Quantum Espresso Installation Error Message - Undefined reference.

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:14:49 CET 2014

On Oct 28, 2014, at 3:52 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it> wrote:
> unlikely: I do not think option --prefix=... is actually working.

Fixed, see r11241.

If "--prefix" is not specified then it uses $INSTALLDIR (as 'make inst'). By doing 'make install' all the *.x files (files, not symbolic links) are physically copied in the target prefix directory. If you run 'make install' without first build any package nothing happen because it first checks that bin/ is present. Simple indeed but I think it is more than enough :-)

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."