[Pw_forum] Error in davcio running head.x

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Oct 22 07:29:35 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-21 at 18:22 +0200, Valentina Cantatore wrote:

> The program stops with the error:
> "Error in routine davcio (25): error while writing from file
> "*/./out/_ph0/*.prd38".
>
> I had a similar problem with a calculation on a molecular system and
> you suggested me to reduce the cutoffs. It worked in that case.

I seriously doubt that it worked because you reduced the cutoff.
The I/O should write no mater what the cutoff is, as long as there
is enough disk space and file size does not exceed the allowed
maximum length

Paolo

> Now I have significantly reduce them but I have the same problem. I
> use Quantum Espresso 5.1 and I work with 64 CPUs.
>

> I attach the input files for the pwx calculation and for the head one.
>

> Any help will be really appreciated.
>

> Thank you very much
>

> Valentina Cantatore
> PostDoc at Università del Piemonte Orientale, Alessandria

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222