[Pw_forum] all electron charge density cube file for bader analysis

Giovanni La Penna glapenna at iccom.cnr.it
Wed May 7 16:24:25 CEST 2014

Thomas,

  In the past, I filled a small set of cubes within
the cores in the valence charge density CUBE
file made by PP, with the contribution of
Slater effective core states:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00214-011-0955-3

But I am sure that now there are much
more elegant solutions. At that time all
the PAW stuff was not working properly through
PP.
I am quite confident that a uniform spreading
of the core charge within the same cubes would
have the same effect within the numerical
errors of the later charge analysis performed
in direct space. Maybe, even a single-point
addition in the cube to which the nucleus
belongs would give the same result.
I can send you the barbarian code, if you
want.

Regards,

          Giovanni La Penna

National research council of Italy (CNR)
Institute for chemistry of organometallic compounds (ICCOM)
Sesto Fiorentino (Firenze), Italy
tel.: +39 0555225264 / skype: giovannilapenna