[Pw_forum] Composition can be replaced by a background charge?

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Jun 18 21:25:27 CEST 2014

Dear Shuai. Google is your friend. Try to google  ` uniform background charged "quantum espresso” ‘
The first hit is the description of pw.x input variables: http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html
Look for “background” in that page and you should find the solution to your problem
Hope this helps - SB

On 16 Jun 2014, at 10:05, shuai <zhao-shuai at edu.life.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:

> Dear QE users,
>
> I had read a paper about the calculation of NH2CH=NH2PbI3
> (dx.doi.org/10.1021/cm404006p | Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 1485−1491). In
> this paper, the researcher calculated the electronic structure using
> SIESTA, and the HC(NH2)2 was ignored and a uniform background charge
> density was added to neutralize the charge.
> Thus, my question is whether the ESPRESSO can calculate by replacing the
> part of compound (e.g., CH3NH3 or CH(NH2)2) using a uniform background
> charge? Where can I find the tutorials about this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
>
> Shuai
>
> --
> PhD student
> Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering
> Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan

---
Stefano Baroni -  SISSA, Trieste - http://stefano.baroni.me, stefanobaroni (skype)

Le monde ne sera sauvé, s'il peut l'être, que par des insoumis [André Gide]