[Pw_forum] Composition can be replaced by a background charge?

shuai zhao-shuai at edu.life.kyutech.ac.jp
Mon Jun 16 10:05:44 CEST 2014

Dear QE users,

I had read a paper about the calculation of NH2CH=NH2PbI3
(dx.doi.org/10.1021/cm404006p | Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 1485−1491). In
this paper, the researcher calculated the electronic structure using
SIESTA, and the HC(NH2)2 was ignored and a uniform background charge
density was added to neutralize the charge.
Thus, my question is whether the ESPRESSO can calculate by replacing the
part of compound (e.g., CH3NH3 or CH(NH2)2) using a uniform background
charge? Where can I find the tutorials about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Shuai

--
PhD student
Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering