[Pw_forum] pwscf restart problem

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Jun 3 17:04:14 CEST 2014

There shouldn't be any problem in restarting twice on N times
the same calculation, but since restart is tricky and it doesn't
always succeeds, the more times you restart, the more times you
risk a failure. Note that restart in 5.1 version and following
works in a different way: you have to perform a clean stop of
the running code, with "max_seconds" or creating a *.EXIT file,
in order to be able to restart.

P.