[Pw_forum] electron-phonon coupling, nesting, double-delta

Feng, Zimin Feng.Zimin at ireq.ca
Thu Jan 30 17:10:34 CET 2014

Hi Nicki,

Sorry I didn't quite follow you: as I understand - correct me if I'm wrong - what you are trying to get is a product of delta functions(?!). They don't have any relations whatsoever with electron-phonon interactions. Am I right? If you don't mind, would you like to tell me why you are tring to get this quantity?

The shifting of Fermi energy is done by manually adding 0.05 electrons *within the code*, rather than tot_charge - in the latter way QE calculates forces and phonons with the charged system. But the convergence with respect to smearing is done by visual examination :P - I don't yet know of something that quantifies this criterion :(

you are welcome
fzm