[Pw_forum] running PWSCF on IB-based cluster

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Fri Aug 29 12:47:36 CEST 2014

QE knows nothing about which processor is on which node.
It must be related to the MPI libraries ("openmpi" and
"intel mpi" are different, by the way, and one should
be careful not to mix up the two) and to how MPI is
started on your machine

P.

On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 17:53 +0800, 高星 wrote:

> Dear QE community,
>
> We have an infini-band based cluster with 8 computing nodes and each
> nodes contains 16 cores. I compiled QE package on this cluster
> successfully with compiler mpif90 (openmpi intel compiler) and there
> was no problem to run  pw.x on one node with 16 processors. However,
> when I tried to use two nodes (that is, -np 32), I met "processor
> affinity failure". It says, "an attempt to set processor affinity has
> failed - please check to ensure that your system supports such
> functionality. If so, then this is probably something that should be
> reported to the OMPI developers". Actually, there is no such problem
> when I run other program. I am wondering if someone else met the
> similar question before? And please give me any hint which may help me
> on this problem! Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>
> Xing

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222