[Pw_forum] fluctuation in SCF energies of CO adsorbed on Pd110

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu Apr 24 04:18:10 CEST 2014

I would increase degauss by at least a factor 10.
The kind of behavior you have is typical of metals
that are not treated as such. degauss=0.001 is
very small and it may not have enough effect.

For a Gamma-only calculation, K_POINTS gamma is
faster (allows the usage of memory- and cpu-saving
tricks). 1000 bands (instead of 1300) should be
sufficient. For a first test you should use smaller
cutoffs.

Paolo

--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222