[Pw_forum] Problem of XCrySDen launching

Jeffrey De Lile jeff2007_delile at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 16:59:50 CEST 2013

Dear XCrySDen users and developers,

I am still struggling to install and launch xcrysden software. First I installed latest version of xcrysden : XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static
 However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then  I reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.

./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't open /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh

Please someone help me how to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance