[Pw_forum] Describing PBE.UPF with VdW-DF2?

Rohling, R. r.rohling at student.tue.nl
Tue Oct 8 11:10:46 CEST 2013

L.S.

I would like to perform AIMD runs using the CP-method with Van der Waals corrections: the VdW-DF2 hybrid functional.
The "pbe-van_ak.UPF" atomic potential files are used in this case.
The exchange and the correlation functions are identical. However, the exchange gradient correction for example of VdW-DF2 is different from the one used in the pseudopotentials.

My question is if it is safe to use the VdW-DF2 hybrid functional for pseudopotentials generated with PBE?

PBE: SLA + PW + PBX + PBC
VdW-DF2: SLA +PW + RW86 + VDW2

Sincerely Yours,
Roderigh