[Pw_forum] Advanced Workshop for Scientific Software Package Development @ ICTP in March 2014

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 11:05:45 CET 2013

hi everybody,

i would like to draw you attention to a workshop that we are currently
putting together at ICTP to be held on March 10 to 21st 2014 in
Trieste, Italy.

this is the second installment of a successful workshop aiming to
introduce computational scientist to tools and best practices of
developing scientific software packages through lectures from experts
working on widely used software packages in different fields and
extensive hands-on exercises. the two week activity is covering topics
that are general to many different software packages, quantum espresso
being one example of them.

There is no registration fee and - as with other ICTP activities -
scientists from developing countries can apply for financial support
to attend the activity, but we likely have a significant number of
seats available to scientists from developing countries as well. you
can register for participation here.

http://cdsagenda5.ictp.trieste.it/full_display.php?ida=a13190

in addition and similar to the activity this year, we will offer an
add-on session covering one specific software package in the following
week. while this is not q-e, but the LAMMPS classical molecular
dynamics code, it may still be of interest to some of you.
applications are accepted for both activities individually, but
financial support from ICTP is only available for participants to the
main activity or both.

deadline for applications is in three weeks at december 1st.

please contact me at akohlmey at ictp.it, if you have additional questions.

ciao,
    axel.

--