[Pw_forum] Details of partial density of states calculation

Holzwarth, Natalie natalie at wfu.edu
Tue May 14 04:59:52 CEST 2013

Dear Lorenzo,

        Thanks for your answer.   I can understand that projwfc may not
know about PAW, but  the code apparently calls calbec which seems to
calculate the radial integral about an atom <beta|psi> where presumably
beta is obtained from the pseudopotential file???    Perhaps this internal
code notation is not consistent with the UPF file?   On the other hand, if
the notation is consistent, then  the beta term in the UPF file  is the
projector for PAW  (I think -- or at least that is true for ATOMPAW).
This is the reason for my assumption that <p^a_i|\psi> is calculated to
determine the partial density of states.   I am trying to write a paper
with some pdos plots and wanted explain what the code does.    It seems
like my suggestion to provide another option for the code would be a bit of
work so perhaps can wait.  In any case, it is always good to know what has
been calculated....      Thanks in advance for any further
suggestions/discussion.    Natalie

N. A. W. Holzwarth                                       email:
natalie at wfu.edu
Department of Physics                                  web:
http://www.wfu.edu/~natalie
Wake Forest University                                 phone:
1-336-758-5510
Winston-Salem, NC 27109 USA                     office: Rm. 300 Olin
Physical Lab