[Pw_forum] Question about charged supercell

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Feb 25 12:35:48 CET 2013

Dear Prasenjit,

Thank you for your reply. As far as the molecules are well separated, there
is no overlap between the occupied Kohn-Sham states of "A" and "B". So,
there would be no mechanism for delocalization (Please correct me if I am in
a wrong way). If I could access the file including the occupation numbers of
the molecular Kohn-Sham states, then I would get the answer (I assume no
smearing, so that nocc=1 or 2 for non-spin-polarized calculation). Could you
please write a little bit more on the role of self-interaction error on this
problem.

Best regards,
                     Mahmoud

Mahmoud Payami