[Pw_forum] Density of states

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Fri Sep 7 20:49:35 CEST 2012

Dear Peng:
To show the difference between DOSes, the best way is put the Fermi level at same place. Normally, (E-Ef) is preferred by lots of researches as the variable of x-axes. Manually shifting DOS for matching is not a good idea, since HOMO should be the standard and adjusted to the same position (although Fermi level given by PWscf is LUMO for semiconductor or insulator).
BTW, in PWscf, nscf calculation also provides Fermi energy, which usually is slightly different with that from scf calculation and displayed by setting verbosity='high' in &control namelist.

--
GAO Zhe
CMC Lab, Materials Science & Engineering Department,