[Pw_forum] Total DOS and PDOS

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Mon Oct 15 11:20:44 CEST 2012

Uh, I see: you are using tetrahedra, which means that "degauss=0" in the
pw.x run. When you run projwfc.x, unless you specify degauss explicitly,
that is read from the output of the pw.x run. Hence, your PDOS
calculation may be running with Gaussian smearing and degauss=0 which is
nonsense.
You must set degauss explicitly in projwfc.x, like to 0.007Ry (0.1eV).
Conversely, the tetrahedron method is used in dos.x.

Have a look in INPUT_PROJWFC below "Important notices".
Guido

--
Guido Fratesi

Dipartimento di Scienza dei Materiali
Universita` degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
via Cozzi 53, 20125 Milano, Italy