[Pw_forum] New version of Quantum ESPRESSO (v0.6, r8825) has been released

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:14:55 CEST 2012

Dear all,
a new version of Quantum ESPRESSO (v0.6, r8825) has been released! The new
tar.gz is here:
http://qe-forge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=113

Even if this release is marked as a beta, we are working really hard
to consolidate the package and deliver new functionalities. We reinforced
some fall-back strategies (like switch to CPU-only computation if CPU-GPU
fails or cannot run) and we improved other CUDA parts. Moreover this is the
last version compatible with Quantum ESPRESSO v4.3.2 because the new
Quantum ESPRESSO v5.0 is expected to be released soon!

Me and Ivan Girotto would thank all the people that directly or indirectly
helped us by providing several input files that we used to validate the GPU
code and discover/solve bugs. Some people asked when also the
Car-Parrinello package will be GPU accelerated. If everything will go
smooth in the next months, a first version will be available no later than
September.

Feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome (-:

Regards,
Filippo

--
Filippo SPIGA

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert