[Pw_forum] end of self consistent calculation. No convergence has been achieved

zafar rasheed zafartariq2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 13:29:26 CET 2012

Dear QE users,
 I am trying to perform a phonon calculation on
 a uniform grid of q-points for zinc blend
 (consists on 8 atoms)structure.
  First, I did the scf calculation for a
  4x4x4 Monkhorst-Pack grid and tried to
  calculate phonons on a uniform (4x4x4)
  grid via ldisp true,but the program
  phonon stopped with the error "end of
  self consistent calculation. No convergence
  has been achieved" in the representation 2
 (mode 2) and not create dyn3 file at
 alpha_mix from 0.7. When I change
 alpha_mix from 0.7 to 0.1 same problem
 occurs at representation 2 (mode 2) and
 dyn8 file not created.
 Will any body help me.

Muhammad Zafar

PhD Scholar

Department of Physics

The Islamia University of Bahawalpur,Pakistan