[Pw_forum] How we can give Temperature to equilibrium system (T=o)

bramha pandey pandey.bramha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:08:14 CET 2012

Dear GAO Zhe and QE users...Thanks alot  for your quick reply.

I have calculated the phonon DOS value and by fqha.x utility which is given
in PH/fqha.x. I have calculated the free energy F(T) at different
temperature.
The normalised phonon 3*N=6.00011 getting which is right.(i am taking 2
atoms in unit cell as FCC in zincblende structure). the Desprsion relation
of frequency and PHDOS graph was also seems right.

 But realy i want to calculate Specific heat (C_v), Entropy. so for that i
was tried for  QHA package which was given in QE, but it is not giving the
accurate value and very less value i was getting in order of 10^-7 of Cv.
 Here i an attaching the PHDOS.out file please see it.

Sir please help me in this regard how can i calculate the Cv value and
other thermodynamical parameters.

I am heartily appreciated any help regarding this problem.

email id pandey.bramha at gmail.com
            bpglaitm at yahoo.co.in