[Pw_forum] QE 5.0 Release Confusion

W2AGZ w2agz at w2agz.com
Tue Aug 21 21:01:16 CEST 2012

I'm attempting to install and configure QE 5.0xxx.  Unlike in the past, this
recent release is segmented into separate packages, e.g., QE(PW, PlotPhon,
etc.), PHonon, PWcond, etc., each with its separate examples and basic
codes.  I can manage the "raw" QE-PW package OK, but how do I configure and
run all the rest?  E.g., "makes" and "make.sys" for phonons?  Oh.BTW.there's
a problem with the build of the NEB package.

gzip: ../archive/neb-5.0.1.tar.gz: not in gzip format

tar: This does not look like a tar archive

tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

make[1]: *** [uncompress-neb] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pmpgrant/Desktop/espresso-5.0.1/install'

make: *** [neb] Error 2

Paul Grant, W2AGZ Technologies

IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus

Staff Associate, JPL/NASA/CalTech