[Pw_forum] Tunneling density of states using pwcond

Jonathan Trinastic jptrinastic at phys.ufl.edu
Sat Apr 14 14:56:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm performing pwcond calculations on a magnetic tunnel junction
structure, and I'm interested in creating a figure that shows the change
in the tunneling density of states as a function of the monolayer of the
barrier for each different orbital (delta1, delta2, etc). In this way, I
can show the the different decay rates of each.  I understand how to
find the tunneling density of states using projwfc.x on the sfc
structure using the command tdosboxes, but my understanding is that this
is done on the sfc structure and would not give the tunneling results.
I'm wondering if there is a way to extract information from the pwcond
output to show these tunneling states?  I'm not able to find any
relevant choices in the help menu.

Thanks for your help,
Jonathan

--