[Pw_forum] Phonon LO-TO splitting in semiconductor with smearing

Hans Lind halin at ifm.liu.se
Sat Apr 14 13:09:43 CEST 2012

Thanks for the response, but not sure how useful it is.
To get the fermi smearing I set the following input lines

occupations='smearing'
smearing='fermi-dirac'
degauss=0.01 (fermi temperature in Ry, about 1500K, I want to set it higher
also)

The smearing would ensure that states are no longer either fully occupied
or empty. And I am not sure either of what you mean by commenting out check
on LO-TO splitting and smearing. As I have used it before, as long as I
don't specify smearing I get the LO-TO splitting automatically.